Thursday, November 14, 2019

I Start Each Day With The Daily Motivator - 2007


Waterfall in July, on Fire Road 585, at the turn-off to Clear Lake, west of Silverton, Colorado - Click for larger image (http://jamesmcgillis.com)

I Start Each Day With The Daily Motivator

Every day, when I get up, there is an unspoken question on my mind. That question is, “What kind of day is this going to be?” 
 
As I wake up more fully, I usually find myself at the computer, checking email and seeing what information has found its way to me overnight.
 
Luckily, spam-filtering segregates out most of the ridiculous and unnecessary information, but check it I must. About one in every fifty spam emails is actually a good one, filtered out by key words or other identifiers.
 
Once I have resurrected and resuscitated the messages that I want, I turn to look at “The Daily Motivator”. There, Ralph Marston always has a message worth reading. Better yet, Ralph’s website adds a slide show and music, making his “motivational” messages all that much more rewarding to experience.
 
OK, so it costs $15 for a one-year subscription. That is the only Sunset over Sunnyside Mesa, at the Southern Ute Indian Reservation, in the Lower Animas River Valley, south of Durango, Colorado - Click for larger image (http://jamesmcgillis.com)“downside”. The “upside” is that many of Ralph’s messages address issues that I am dealing with in my own life. 
 
Where does Ralph get the continued inspiration to create six new messages each week? You will have to contact him directly for that answer. I like to think of it as divine inspiration, both for him and for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment